WWII Edged Weapons and Field Gear

Joefin18

Just recently bought the M1 Bayonet and M1943 Entrenching Tool. What unique pieces of field gear/edged weapons do you guys have? So far I have a lot of naval gear or job specific tools (field hatchet)

01E0D666-A7B3-4755-B351-1D75F27AF309.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.  It's a little hard to put your finger on a single category of edged weapons we collect here, but this forum usually focuses on US knives and bayonets of the 20th century. My personal interest is "US bayonets".   I have one bayonet that might be considered from the revolutionary war, one or two from the war of 1812 period, one 1816 bayonet made in 1834, which would be a candidate for the Mexican war,  and  several from the Civil War.  But most of my collection is from the 20th century to present. 

There is a great interest on this forum (edged weapons), for all the variations of the USN Mk2 knife (Ka-Bar) of WWII and beyond, the M3 trench knife with all its variations, and pretty much anything from WWII. 

Any US edged weapons are very welcome on this forum.  Show 'em, talk about 'em, ask anything about 'em. 

Again, Welcome!

Marv

resized_IMG_1828.JPG

2 hours ago, Misfit 45 said:

Welcome to the forum.  It's a little hard to put your finger on a single category of edged weapons we collect here, but this forum usually focuses on US knives and bayonets of the 20th century. My personal interest is "US bayonets".   I have one bayonet that might be considered from the revolutionary war, one or two from the war of 1812 period, one 1816 bayonet made in 1834, which would be a candidate for the Mexican war,  and  several from the Civil War.  But most of my collection is from the 20th century to present. 

There is a great interest on this forum (edged weapons), for all the variations of the USN Mk2 knife (Ka-Bar) of WWII and beyond, the M3 trench knife with all its variations, and pretty much anything from WWII. 

Any US edged weapons are very welcome on this forum.  Show 'em, talk about 'em, ask anything about 'em. 

Again, Welcome!

Marv

resized_IMG_1828.JPG

That’s really cool, how long have you been collecting? I’ve recently been researching bayonets specifically and just have the M1, but I’m very interested in expanding my collection. Thank you for the welcome

I've been collecting for about two decades. The first thing you need are a few books.  If your interest is US bayonets.  The book by the late great Gary Cunningham is a great source.  U.S. Bayonets and scabbards.  Unfortunately, they have become very expensive.

His first book,   American Military Bayonets of the 20th Century, is much more affordable and is the first book that really got it going for me.  I practically memorized it.  It's available on Ebay for about $45.   Get educated so you don't get burned.  

Marv

AAAAA.jpg

AAAAAA.jpg

Frank Trzaska

It is an ugly story of family and greed. I was to receive it... probably thrown away.