MP Helmet Liner Find

BryanJ

Several years back, I was in a pawn shop in a small town in southern Georgia, when up on a shelf, I see an MP helmet liner of an MP Company that I commanded from about 1987 to 1990.   Well, I had to have a look.  Inside the sweat band was the name of my mess sergeant.  So, the helmet liner has been in my display case for several years.

29656CD4-B690-4C1E-9284-28FE73226992.jpeg

Great story! I had a similar situation a few years back, with a twist. I was in a collectibles shop in a small town 200 miles from where I live and they had a small selection of military items on shelves and in a glass case. There was a set of dog tags in the case and as I looked closer at them, saw that they were mine! ? I hadn’t seen them for years and thought they had been lost in a move or something, so I asked the shop owner if he knew where they came from, he said he found them in the jacket pocket of an old field jacket he picked up at a garage sale many years before. He still had the jacket and showed it to me, and sure enough it was my old field jacket! I told him that the dog tags were mine from my days as an MP, and he couldn’t believe it! So I showed him my drivers licence and another piece of ID and as he laughed and shook his head in disbelief, he handed them to me and told me to put them back in my collection. 

It turned out that my Dad has sold some of my old uniform items that were stored in his garage (that I had forgotten about) and that’s how my dog tags ended up in an antique store 20 years later. ? 

ArchangelDM
2 hours ago, 1canpara said:

Great story! I had a similar situation a few years back, with a twist. I was in a collectibles shop in a small town 200 miles from where I live and they had a small selection of military items on shelves and in a glass case. There was a set of dog tags in the case and as I looked closer at them, saw that they were mine! ? I hadn’t seen them for years and thought they had been lost in a move or something, so I asked the shop owner if he knew where they came from, he said he found them in the jacket pocket of an old field jacket he picked up at a garage sale many years before. He still had the jacket and showed it to me, and sure enough it was my old field jacket! I told him that the dog tags were mine from my days as an MP, and he couldn’t believe it! So I showed him my drivers licence and another piece of ID and as he laughed and shook his head in disbelief, he handed them to me and told me to put them back in my collection. 

It turned out that my Dad has sold some of my old uniform items that were stored in his garage (that I had forgotten about) and that’s how my dog tags ended up in an antique store 20 years later. ? 

Wow ? now that’s just amazing ! 
What are the odds 

thanks for sharing, that made my night