Question: flying tiger catv patch

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

I cannot use image search with the new forum nor find old content with searches. 

Was this a post war insignia? I know there is an old thread on this but I just spent 22 minutes searching and cannot find it. 

Thanks in advance. 

patch is large, does not glow. 

w

front.jpg

mortaydc60

Great information. Movie was made in 1945 so the patch is war time made , so we know it has value as a movie prop so to speak but might it also have value as military insignia since it is war time, etc. Maybe too philosophical a question.

ocsfollowme

I’m sure Bob has sold a few. I put a BIN price of $450. Not sure if high or low. Still wartime....but not worn by AVG.

In its Annual Pictorial, the Flying Tigers of the 14th Air Force Association refers to this design as a "try out patch" for the 23rd Fighter Group shortly thereafter replaced by the Disney design.

Annual Pictorial of the Flying Tigers of the 14th Air Force Association. 1981. p 18.

Annual%20Pictorial%201981%20-%20try%20ou

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ocsfollowme

Here are some screen grabs from a short clip I found of the movie.  I have no connection to this sale.  I just thought the patch was pretty interesting and was curious how it was used.  Mods feel free to delete if this post is not proper.  

Reposting photos from Nic

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 7.34.03 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 7.31.12 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 7.29.00 AM.png