1/35 Scale Norman Hedgerow shadowbox diorama

Old Marine

Old Marine

This is a small shadow box diorama/vignette of 4th ID soldier's stalking a Tiger in the hedgerows of Normandy.  I finally had the time to finished up this project while staying isolating at home.  I found these shadow boxes at Ikea.  The box measures 7.5 x 5.5 x3 inches. The figures are DML and some other kit bashed pieces.  The wall section is an old resin piece that I picked up at a model show years ago.  The foliage is a combination of static grass, grass tufts, green foliage foam and twigs, roots and pebbles from the yard. 

The tiger tank background  is a watercolor that I painted.  It was a fun project and it was nice to be able to combine the watercolor painting and the models.  I will include some photos of how this all came together.

Thanks for looking.

Tiger Hunt 000.jpg

Tiger Hunt 001.jpg

Tiger Hunt 002.jpg

Tiger Hunt 003.jpg

Tiger Hunt 004.jpg

Proud Kraut

I don´t know what I admire most. The painting of the Tiger, the figures or the terrain. A perfect combo of all three. You´re a real artist, Dennis!

5 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

I don´t know what I admire most. The painting of the Tiger, the figures or the terrain. A perfect combo of all three. You´re a real artist, Dennis!

Yes Dennis, this is modeling at its best; fun, inspirational and all the elements come together as one. This is true artistry.

Semper Fi.

Manny

skypilot6670

Great looking diorama .The craftsmanship is very impressive. The watercolor work , figures and scenery are all top shelf .Thanks for posting.   Mike

Normandy1944

Very nice to see 2 different talents coming together in one great diorama!

It inspires me to make a hedgerow diorama myself.