Picked up a new 4 panel medic's helmet

BILL THE PATCH

That’s what happens when you don’t follow the laundry instructions and wash them in hot water and then throw them in the dryer ?

T Ambrosini

Yeah, I agree.  I'm not getting a good feeling from what I see of the side panels.  The wear looks a bit contrived to me.  Of course, I'll defer to the forum experts on this one ?

2 hours ago, Nickman983 said:

I'm not sure about this one, I think we're going to need some closeups on the paint.

I don't think that will help, Nick.  His finger prints and skin oil has probably ruined the patina?

huntssurplus

Usually the green liner chin straps are from Euro clone helmets. Might need a look at the liner at least. I don't think it's US though at least if there are euroclone parts attached to it.

Hunt

BILL THE PATCH

The liner has been in there a long time, I can't get it out. I think it's original to the helmet, but the scratches on the cross looks artificially done, I'm not to fond of the elastic headband. jmho4289e931968fa6e8606c7e1b44482c6f.jpg1c48f0a560fc324f7b15421f48762421.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

huntssurplus

Missing chin strap loops... looks like they might not have been there in the first place. . again not a fan of this one. I don't think the helmet is WW2 era, not to mention US manufactured.

Just my two cents,

Hunt