1942 "Get in the Scrap" Poster

M1A1-1944

Interesting poster I just picked up.  It's huge and actually pretty thick stock.  It's not attached to the cardboard underneath.  Any suggestions on framing it other than just biting the bullet?

IMG_1155.jpg

huntssurplus

You might be able to find a cheap frame with the same or similar dimensions on amazon. Something like this deserves a professional frame though I think, the poster is awesome!

Hunt

matterhorn

Great poster.  The artist William Steig was a famous cartoonist for the New Yorker magazine.  In later life, he wrote the kid's book Shrek! which was the basis for the movies.

• 4 months later...

Be sure to use acid free paper to back it- and UV glass. My other interest is movie posters, and I have seen some really nice ones wrecked by incorrect framing. Its really not any more expensive but will be a service to the art you are displaying

• 4 months later...

Nice piece, now socially unacceptable.  Large size makes it expensive to frame and to display. Professional framing would cost hundreds, unfortunately that cost will dwarf the value of the poster. But it's an important piece of history. I'd be watching for an inexpensive frame and try to do it myself.  Thanks for sharing.