USMC MARPAT Experimental urban

bravo_2_zero

bravo_2_zero

While out on the prowl I came across this grubby white washed paint stained DIY top, I paid the $19.95...... ?

despite the obvious paint marks which are currently coming out as we speak in a large bucket of water that will sit for a week it's in really good shape. 

I was surprised that these in the flesh are not grey in color but actually a shade of brown up close but look grey from distance. 

A little info from these from observations , there seems to be 3 variants , a khaki reinforced , a black and camo elbows top and patching pants. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

bravo_2_zero

The USMC EGA is also embedded in the fabric , I have been told it's not present in the woodland and desert experimental

4.jpg

5.jpg

I know the word "rare" is thrown around a lot, but this jacket truly fits the word.  Incredibly rare.

• 2 weeks later...
bravo_2_zero

A little update to this , after a chat with a fella who has a USMC Urban jacket with black elbows and comparing a few photos it appears they are 2 separate urban prints. 

My print is a khaki and brown dominant print and the other is a black and grey. The black elbows access padding externally via velcro pull tabs , the khaki is internal like issue shirts. 

We reached a conclusion that the khaki pads with the more khaki base with brown shapes could have actually been made for arid urban. The colours and the internal pad slits as the external would without doubt fill with sand or the velcro couldn't work as it would be a sand trap.

I have found the same shapes on both types I'll call the 'GUN' , The gun on mine is brown and the gun on the other is black. My jacket all the brown shapes are black on the other jacket , the black shapes on mine seems to be a separate print screen not found on the other jacket so it's not a print error.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

vintageproductions

Kammo-Man came by today and showed me all his test sample fabric.

IMG_7346.JPG

IMG_7347.JPG

IMG_7348.JPG

IMG_7349.JPG