Thoughts on Engraving

Worldwar_Collector

Worldwar_Collector
5 hours ago, Dave said:

Speaking of prices...here's a record (thus far) for an 88th Division Anzio KIA. The medal's good, but it's heading into airborne prices... two bidders are most definitely in love with this medal. 

I saw that one as well and couldn't believe how fast the price went up.  It's at $1,080 now with 5 days and 20 hours left!

Worldwar_Collector
3 hours ago, Reforger said:

I don‘t understand why people are paying so much for Purple Hearts on Ebay. Even late WWII examples that are not named or numbered and modern issue medals are being sold for ridiculous prices. And it doesn‘t seem to be stopping either. I wonder if these „collectors“ only use Ebay and never look at other sites or go anywhere else to buy their stuff. There are a number of options to find Purple Hearts at cheaper prices.

When I first started collecting Purple Hearts I pretty much only used Ebay.  But even then I was smart about how much I spent.  I don't have an interest right now in the Italian campaign  but even if I did I don't think I could justify spending over $1000 for the Anzio PH Dave posted.  The prices as of late are just ridiculous in my opinion.