Merrill's Marauders uniform

Gavin D.

Hi all,

Thought I'd share my Merrill's Marauders uniform that I have had for some time. It is lined with like a blue silk lining and underneath the pockets. It has a nice theater made patch with a CBI patch on the other side.

IMG_20200514_163733853.jpg

IMG_20200514_163720067.jpg

IMG_20200514_163750298.jpg

That is a very cool jacket. Do you think the jacket itself is tailor made or GI issue? It looks like the pockets are a bit different than the GI model. It could be from when they added the blue material but it just looks a little different. Light blue for infantry? 

Again, really neat.

huntssurplus

Great uniform! Is the uniform named! Would love to see some more pics of the lining! I wonder if this was done with more CBI?Merrill's Marauder jackets? Is there a manufactuers tag in the jacket? Almost looks like a 50's era jacket with the pocket snaps.

Hunt

12 hours ago, hzamar said:

That is a very cool jacket. Do you think the jacket itself is tailor made or GI issue? It looks like the pockets are a bit different than the GI model. It could be from when they added the blue material but it just looks a little different. Light blue for infantry? 

Again, really neat.

That is a great question. I always thought it was a GI issued jacket and the GI modified it to how he liked it. It could very well be a tailor made jacket though I'm not sure.

9 hours ago, huntssurplus said:

Great uniform! Is the uniform named! Would love to see some more pics of the lining! I wonder if this was done with more CBI?Merrill's Marauder jackets? Is there a manufactuers tag in the jacket? Almost looks like a 50's era jacket with the pocket snaps.

Hunt

Unfortunately the uniform is not named. I will take some more pictures of the lining later and double check, but I am pretty sure there is no manufacturers tag present.

Brian Keith

Great Jacket! I suspect it is tailor made. The buttons are not issue. Very nice item! Thanks for showing it.

BKW 

Thanks. Looking closer I would say it was tailor made most likely in japan as the clip that was used on the bottom of the jacket reads "Made As Japan." I'm used to seeing Made in Japan or made in occupied Japan, but that is the first time I've seen it as that. Also, attached are a few more pics of the lining.

IMG_20200515_132429693.jpg

IMG_20200515_132438323.jpg

IMG_20200515_132228856.jpg

huntssurplus

Wow interesting! Maybe "Made as Japan" is a typo? I wonder why the blue silk was chosen as a lining. Definitely a unique jacket for sure!

Thanks for sharing!
Hunt