Looking for Posthumous Purple Hearts for Vol 2 of my Book

Dave

All:

I started a thread back in January looking for specific medals for inclusion in Volume 2 of my book about posthumous Purple Hearts.  I'm bringing the ask back up to the top, and now with most folks familiar with my book, I'm hoping I might get lucky and find the missing groups I need. :) (Yes, I was able to locate some fantastic groups from my previous thread...and once the whole COVID thing trends downward, I have several trips to make to include those groups in the book!)

What I'm still missing would love help finding are (in no particular order) and yes, these would all be posthumous awards and require their respective Purple Hearts for me to use them:

1. Marine Corps Navy Cross groups from any time period after WW2. Korea, Vietnam, GWOT...I have a grand total of zero for the book.  

2. Navy Navy Cross groups from Vietnam to the present time. Once again, I have none photographed or located.

3. Navy Medal of Honor groups from Vietnam to the present time.

4. Marine Corps pilot groups from Vietnam to the current time.

5. Any Navy post-WW2 posthumous Purple Hearts from the Korean War (no valor awards required).

6. Any Global War on Terror/Gulf War Air Force Purple Hearts.

7. Any posthumous Purple Hearts to women of any branch from any time period. 

And while I have located several that I look forward to photographing (and have photographed several already) I would be very happy to photograph any other posthumous Medal of Honor/Purple Heart groups from the Korean War to the present from any branch of the military. (I have a post-retirement dream of a book on posthumous and non-posthumous Medals of Honor from all time periods, I'm not working on that book...yet...) :) 

I am willing to travel to photograph the medals in-person if the value of the group to the book is worth the expense of the trip, or if I can combine multiple visits.  Or, I will be at the MAX and SOS and can photograph medals/scan documents there (I can bring my photo kit to Pomona, but only if I have groups already lined up to photograph).  Finally, so long as I am not on travel due to work (thank you, COVID, for my current adventure) I am willing to cover FedEx Overnight shipping expenses (both ways) for the medals/documents to be sent to me (I try to receive, photograph, and ship the group(s) back the same day, or at the longest, within 24 hours. I have done this over 30 times for all three of my books and it has worked well thus far). 

In summary - if you have a group that fits into the categories above, please let me know. Please keep in mind that I have photographed more Army Purple Heart groups from the Korean War and Vietnam War than I can include in the book, to include DSC and Silver Star groups. I have also photographed many USMC Purple Hearts from the same wars, so I don't need any additional examples, save for those who earned the Navy Cross.  I do appreciate everyone's continued willingness to help out, for sure!

I realize some people would like to keep their collections (or connections) private, so please feel free to PM me if you can assist. 

Thanks for reading! 

Dave

Dave - I have a posthumous Vietnam Group to USMC Aviation Observer Captain Frank H Adams

Bill

Kansas Raider

Hi Dave, I am sure you probably have several WW2 Army Air Corps groups. I have my families medals, he was shot down in1943. Bodies never recovered. DFC, Air Medal and Purple Heart. Steve

Thanks all, I appreciate the responses!

Please note that I am no longer in need of photographing any WW2 posthumous Purple Hearts (unless, perhaps, you have the other three Sullivan brothers' medals...). That book has been written and done. I really do appreciate the offers, however!

Dave

• 3 months later...

Dave, I have an NC PH group to a 9th Marines 1967 casualty, a Korean War navy intel officer Mia ph and several other Korean War marine casualties.  Happy to share if needed.  Also some Soldier Medal PH sets.

5 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Dave, I have an NC PH group to a 9th Marines 1967 casualty, a Korean War navy intel officer Mia ph and several other Korean War marine casualties.  Happy to share if needed.  Also some Soldier Medal PH sets.

Absolutely! Please send me an e-mail at: [email protected].

Thanks!

Dave,

Sent you an email with some photos of a Korean War KIA Marine PH grouping I have..

Best regards

Leigh 

Dave

I have the following NC groups/bars. If any are helpful

Harold Smith Page group, bar with some background and photos. 
GW Steele mini bar but no paper

Stirling mini bar again no paper

DDF3D6A2-8398-4CEC-B676-AC2DF2F3B8E1.jpeg

5968A143-187F-482E-AC58-3356980B962C.jpeg

7794AFD9-E090-4DEB-BBA6-91B4B039314E.jpeg