Shold-r-Form Colonel birds

Bearmon

• 1 month later...

Shold-R-Form Meyer insignia with a raised shield was used around WWII. So these are probably WWII era. However, Shold-R-Form insignia existed before and after WWII as well.

4 hours ago, Reforger said:

Shold-R-Form Meyer insignia with a raised shield was used around WWII. So these are probably WWII era. However, Shold-R-Form insignia existed before and after WWII as well.

Thank you

The lower eagle is facing the arrow heads. They are not supposed to do that. I have heard of this, but never seen one. A rare variant. Called a war eagle. NS Meyer has made a lot of colonel's eagles, I don't think this is an accident. Rob.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I am relatively certain that this style of eagle does go back to WWII. I have had some odd luck with this eagle. You can see in the photo, that there are six for the left shoulder and only one for the right. Not sure why I have had such bad luck trying to find mates for these birds. You will note that the right facing eagle faces the arrows. It is this way on all of the sets of this particular insignia. They also come in sterling and non-sterling varieties.

Allan

COL.JPG

• 2 years later...
S.ChrisKelly

I acquired these today.  Can anyone give me any information?  I won't load my post, because I'd like your observations, not my conjecture. They were sent as a "matched pair".

20230405_201012.jpg

20230405_201027.jpg

• 7 months later...