USMC Canteen Cover, ID help

gitana

I have this carrier and have no idea abut the markings. There is a '5' on the front and '752' on the bottom, along with the name R W Wilson

Any help is appreciated. 

102_3371a.JPG.dcb25bd672ba3ea4b3203fdb1ae5ebdd.JPG

102_3372a.JPG.0dba3464433ae04351c9229da597d6fe.JPG

ArchangelDM

Richard W Wilson entered in 42 

signal battalion- telephone company 

Robert W Wilson joined in 45 and served in Korea 

I believe this to be Richard who joined 42 telephone company 

Thanks for the response.

Is that 4th Marine Division? Might this be 5th? I don't see a lot of detail about these markings available. 

ArchangelDM
5 minutes ago, gitana said:

Thanks for the response.

Is that 4th Marine Division? Might this be 5th? I don't see a lot of detail about these markings available. 

For me seeing the 752 and it being Engineers, then Richard W Wilson entering in 42, it’s a 1st pattern cover and the fact he was telephone company points this was his IMHO 

with regards to the 5 on the canteen,  looks like a signal marking or designation for a team. 

• 1 year later...

I'm coming back to this because the Fourth Marine Division doesn't seem to have numbers that go up to the 750s. In airborne53's message, he has a similar number attributed to the Sixth Marine Division. 

Is there any way to confirm who this guy was, and what unit he belonged? It's a common name but I was hoping to narrow it down with the markings. 

It looks like Ancestry has the Marine Corp muster rolls, but I'm not a member and when I searched his name it gave me 17,000 responses.