Patch Type Crests for WWI I Corps or the OR German Army Feldmuetze Prussian Cockade??

patches

Puzzled by this, if they're not Feldmuetze Cockades, and are PTC for one of those units, then these would be the earliest examples for a U.S. Army PTC, what are your thoughts?

ptc 20001.jpg

ptc 1.jpg

My Topic Title got screwed up, wanted to OMIT 37th Div, as clearly the one soldier is of the 1st Div, don't know the division or unit of the second one as we see cropped photo were patch would be.

9 hours ago, tredhed2 said:

There were no DIs prior to 1922. 

Yes, was wondering if this was an early a very early example of a enameled badge based on one of the new shoulder patches, in this  case I Corps.

bertmedals

These are probably the small red/white/blue roundels with overseas stripes in the center (picture attached).  These were very popular with returning doughboys after they were discharged.  I've encountered them on numbers overseas caps and uniforms both in hand and in photos. 

AEF Service Pin Set.jpg

7 hours ago, bertmedals said:

These are probably the small red/white/blue roundels with overseas stripes in the center (picture attached).  These were very popular with returning doughboys after they were discharged.  I've encountered them on numbers overseas caps and uniforms both in hand and in photos. 

AEF Service Pin Set.jpg

Why thank you Bert, never sen these before, these indeed may be what they are wearing, cause now that we think about it, the German Cockades were slightly larger than what we see here

WW2 German, Soviet, Allied militaria, uniforms, awards, weapons ...

Pins are much to small to be a cockade, there were tons of small unit level pins like that. But I agree most likely your typical AEF pin