Greetings All

Doughboy22

Doughboy22

Hello, I'm new to this forum but have been over on War Relics for some time now. As if my forum name wasn't a dead give away I'm fond of trench knives (WWI specific). As many are I'm sure, I'm most fond of the M1917 and Mark I 1918 LF&C blades (hard to come by and by no means cheap). I'm also starting up my WWI helmet collection (currently with a British Brodie, French Adrian artillery, and German Pickelhaube). I would love to get my hands on an authentic WWI Belgian M15 Adrian helmet if anyone out there has a lead. ? I also own a WWI gas mask with original canvas bag (marked Boyd 53), and a few inert hand grenades (a WWII NB.HGR.39B German Smoke Stick, a Soviet RGD-33, a Type 97 Japanese, and and RFX5 Vietnam era). The collection is small now but I'm working on building it up. I look forward to learning from other members of the forum. Thank you for having me!

War Items.jpg

Welcome to the forum.  It's a great place with lots of knowledgeable folks happy to help out.

Nice display you have there.

Here is my 1917 LF&C.  Just an average one, but special to me.  It was issued to my dad when he joined the New York National Guard in 1940.  He painted his initials on it, but they are almost faded away now.  He was supposed to turn it in when the war started, but he sent it home instead.  

Regards,

Mikie

M1917 Knife.jpg

Doughboy22
3 hours ago, mikie said:

Welcome to the forum.  It's a great place with lots of knowledgeable folks happy to help out.

Nice display you have there.

Here is my 1917 LF&C.  Just an average one, but special to me.  It was issued to my dad when he joined the New York National Guard in 1940.  He painted his initials on it, but they are almost faded away now.  He was supposed to turn it in when the war started, but he sent it home instead.  

Regards,

Mikie

M1917 Knife.jpg

Great example of the 1917 blade with such provenance to boot! Mine was a farm fresh find in someone's barn in Ohio. The 1918 I own is the Au Lion variety and is in pretty good shape. Now I'm on the hunt for a WWI Robbins of Dudley push dagger. This knife collecting thing is addicting... and expensive! :)

Kindly,

DUSK

Backtheattack

Hello and welcome! Your collection will grow up. Looks very nice. Pickelhaube is a very interesting theme.

Doughboy22

Thank you! I agree, the collection will grow as the years go by. Hopefully, I'll still have some money for retirement. ?

stratasfan

Welcome! I love the look of the WWI military items! I would agree about knifes! It could be seriously addictive! I managed to get three WWII ones, and am thrilled! If I had an actual military collecting budget . . . I could see how you could easily fall into the edged weapons category! :) 

Hope you have fun finding additions and forum buddies!