fake 32nd lid ebay

Costa

First, it should be a red arrow. Second, my Dad was in the 32nd so I've watched tons of TV, film etc. about the 32nd and have never seen any marked helmets (although I imagine there were some out there). Lastly, any markings like that would certainly be an aiming point which I think soldiers would avoid like the plague (or Covid 19).

huntssurplus

It should be noted the helmet is a rear seam, so it would only have been used very late in the war or postwar anyway.

Hunt

So, would you like to share the name of the seller instead of saying: he "is a well known con"?And why is it so hard to post a picture if you are the one who starts the thread or post a link to the auction so we can see who this con is for ourselves?

huntssurplus

BigDogMilitaria

Not sure if he is the same guy who is a prolific buyer at SOS, but the Airborne Troop Carrier uniform with the dog tags came from me at this years SOS, and is 100% legit. 

this seller has had many painted lids on ebay and uniforms--- 1 after another and many are questionable. when I sent him an email stating an item of his was fake well, guess what --- he put a block on me. that sez it all. I have been in this to long to be blind as to what goes on in this collecting militaria. over 50 years and see some of the well know con artists going back to early days. me personally would never block any one as well as not answering questions. and I can say with all honesty should I sell an item I would take it back with no questions if the buyer was not happy with it.

Regarding the 32nd ID in particular, a unit forever in combat and at the far end of the world, it is very difficult to find good photos of the division let alone any photos of any insignia on a combat helmet.  Especially, given the red color being nearly invisible in B&W photos which was the order of the day.  But, marked WWII and 1945-46 postwar. helmets are out there.  The evidence at this time indicates 99% of markings are in red during WW2.  In the very short occupation, red and white have been confirmed.  It would be nice to know the name in the helmet listed to research and just have that extra bit of information to know where that helmet has been or not been.

20200513_163422[24410].jpg

huntssurplus
5 hours ago, Costa said:

this seller has had many painted lids on ebay and uniforms--- 1 after another and many are questionable. when I sent him an email stating an item of his was fake well, guess what --- he put a block on me. that sez it all. I have been in this to long to be blind as to what goes on in this collecting militaria. over 50 years and see some of the well know con artists going back to early days. me personally would never block any one as well as not answering questions. and I can say with all honesty should I sell an item I would take it back with no questions if the buyer was not happy with it.

Are there any examples you saved? I don't want to sound like I'm doubting you, but i watch a lot of the uniforms this seller puts up for sale and have only seen a few uniforms that particularly stand out to me. I just don't want to end up getting conned.

Hunt

15 minutes ago, huntssurplus said:

Are there any examples you saved? I don't want to sound like I'm doubting you, but i watch a lot of the uniforms this seller puts up for sale and have only seen a few uniforms that particularly stand out to me. I just don't want to end up getting conned.

Hunt

no I don't have any examples for what I see is enough and when you point out a fake and then you are blocked that sez it all. end of story.