Hillersleben 1945 – Man vs. Machine

Proud Kraut

Proud Kraut

Weathering the Halftrack with oil colors. I have described the procedure in several topics before so I can let the pictures speak for themselves.

KK38.jpg

KK39.jpg

Proud Kraut

I nearly completed the Halftrack yesterday. I´ll finish it when adding the first figures. Here´s what I do have so far.

KK49.jpg

KK50.jpg

KK51.jpg

KK51a.jpg

Yes, this is coming along very nicely. Can you imagine that "sudden stop" feeling to those U.S. soldiers when their vehicle is suddenly stopped by the beast? Now I'm looking forward to the figures.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 2 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

Not much progress these days. I´m waiting for some elements for the base. So I started to build and paint the first figures. Here´s the Halftrack crew, a mix of MasterBox and Tamiya figures.

KK58.jpg

Hey Lars, I know what you mean when you have to wait for something. But I like how you kitbashed the figures together and how you positioned them in and around the halftrack. Nice work.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Very nice figures, they fit the scene brilliantly. I just think the M2HB .50 should be mounted to the fork near the front of the body, close to the barrel? I think I see a small dimple there to clip it to the fork?

Proud Kraut
9 hours ago, earlymb said:

Very nice figures, they fit the scene brilliantly. I just think the M2HB .50 should be mounted to the fork near the front of the body, close to the barrel? I think I see a small dimple there to clip it to the fork?

You have very good eyes. The MG isn´t complete yet. I still have to add the ammo box and belt. Then I`ll arrange it correctly. Good hint!👍

Proud Kraut

Thank you! Finally it continues. I received the remains of a dio that I found online.  It wasn´t easy to find some factory like looking house ruins in this scale.

KK60.jpg

Proud Kraut

Thanks for your kind feedback Manny & Dennis. First rehearsels, in every case very space consuming. Two possible variations.

KK61.jpg

KK62.jpg

I'm not much into fantasy type stuff, but I really enjoy watching this one come along. Great imagination combined with awesome modeling skills makes this one something I check for updates on frequently. Can't wait to see the completed project!

Randy

Proud Kraut

Thanks very much Randy! Not much time for modeling these days but summer vacation is in sight. I got me a wooden frame and started with the base. I´m not happy with the 3 different cardbord ground plates and have ordered more of the asphalt ones.

KK63.jpg

On 6/25/2020 at 4:33 PM, cutiger83 said:

Very nice. I like how the back of the half-track is raised in the air.

...Kat

I second that! So far, so good.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

Thanks Kat & Manny!

While our U.S. soldiers are under construction, what is very time consuming, a T28 super heavy tank (from a former modeling project) acts in place of the GIs. Of course, after the return of the Infantrymen, the T28 will be send into the depot again.

KK65.jpg

KK66.jpg

1 hour ago, Proud Kraut said:

Thanks Kat & Manny!

While our U.S. soldiers are under construction, what is very time consuming, a T28 super heavy tank (from a former modeling project) acts in place of the GIs. Of course, after the return of the Infantrymen, the T28 will be send into the depot again.

KK65.jpg

KK66.jpg

That thing was a monster in it's own right.  

Mikie