3 patches-all different-helped with origin of mfg

bamascvreb

bamascvreb

Here are 3 oatches i picked up in a grouping from guy stationed at craig afb in selma.  As can see, the fronts are different as are the backs.  My question is wete these made different places or if anyone can shed light on why they all all different.

69CDDB0D-2B70-4B26-B06F-8F53F88AF6E3.jpeg

98E8E162-CF9F-4EDD-981E-68003DB07AB8.jpeg

Many times the contracts to make patches were awarded to different companies for whatever reason. This was fairly common to see. Another reason is companies might make changes to methods or materials from one batch to the next, like going from all cotton to synthetics. These all look 60s to very early 70s era. The 4 digit numbers were changed in 1972, so they are no younger than that. Hope this helps.

Randy

bamascvreb

Thanks for the info Randy.  Makes sense.  I just wouldnt have thought they made a ton of those patches where they had different manufacturers but i guess maybe from year to year they could have changed.  

You're welcome. This was a student training unit, there were a lot of folks coming and going thru the pipeline. So they ordered a lot, and went with whatever company was on the contract.

Randy