1920's Semper Fidelis pin and 1776 marked cross

These were on a charm bracelet, formerly pins converted into charms likely in the 1960's. The pin I believe may be related to the USMC band, or possibly football judging by the shape of the center. The cross is marked K I A 1776 so don't know if that is a fraternal organization or possibly a military related piece. If anyone has any info I would be very happy to hear it, I exhausted my Google-fu. 

Thank you kindly,

Jakeman664

G3lsjgm.jpg

mPckQCd.jpg

vHuLCuH.jpg

4Vj6AbP.jpg

The Semper Fidelis 1816 is from the New Haven Grays Circa 1820-1860

During the War of 1812 with the British raiding along our coastlines, it was decided in New Haven to form a second company of Light Infantry to protect New Haven. On September 13, 1816 the New Haven Grays were formed from members of the New Haven Militia and new recruits. They elected Shapos Staples to be their commander. Their motto was "Semper Fidelis" as with with the Marine Corps. Until the Civil War their service was mainly to control local riots and Yale student-citizen troubles. In one case, a young woman form West Haven, died and was buried. The following day it was discovered that her body had been taken by some medical students at Yale Medical School for research. Armed with a small cannon and muskets, the outraged citizens marched on Yale. The mayor called out the Grays who quickly took control of the situation. The body was returned and peace was restored. Another incident occurred with the citizens of Fair Haven, a small fishing community in New Haven, the "Yalies" were chasing after the young women of Fair Haven, and the village fathers demanded it stopped, at a meeting it was decided to take steps to stop the "Yalies." Again armed with a small cannon and muskets they marched on Yale. The Grays were again called upon and peace and quiet were soon restored. They later served in the Civil War. The unit took part in 19 battles during the Civil War beginning with Bull Run, and at Gettysburg several monuments stand today in honor of those men and their deeds. They also served on the Mexican Border with Pershing, in WWI, WWII and Korea. They are still active today and are HHC 1st Battalion 102nd Infantry Regiment of the Army National Guard.

Hello Tolzer, 

I thank you kindly, I saw the NH and possibly thought New Hampshire but thought the G was a C for college like some of the other charms. Your information has saved this piece from the melt pot. I also could see the European and Canadian style as Salvage mentioned as the belt band around the logo is on several British and Canadian badges. Truly thankful for everyone's input. 

Thanks again, 

Jakeman664