I.D.Disc, Daniel Raferty 13 N.Y.Heavy Artillery

skypilot6670

IMG_May92020at74817PM.jpg.4b7632fb0d072dc9276839ac9f4717fd.jpgIMG_May92020at74929PM.jpg.504c9c5114728546481ef4a8c49e3afc.jpgIMG_3119.jpg.b4125186ec90602292ea622f2560ad9e.jpgA very rare Eagle Disc type 5D with 1861,2,3 and 4 on the obverse . This is the only one of this style disc I have seen.The,”Identification Disc book by Larry Maier and Joseph Stahl “ list this type as 5D extremely rare .Meaning out of 615 observed disc 4 or less were this type. Another noteworthy thing about this disc is the misspelling of his last name.He served in the 18th Corps Army Of The James at Bermuda Hundred Va. and Petersburg.  

USCapturephotos

Another nice one Mike. I have only seen that style before in the books. Interesting piece too from the Army of the James. I did a little relic hunting in some areas they were many years ago.

Paul

skypilot6670

Hey Frank. Thanks for commenting. I don’t have them on display. My wife and I are both retired ,we have children scattered from Michigan to LosAngles with 3 brand new grandchildren and we are in Florida. Between shows ,family travel and fun trips we weren’t home very much so they got boxed up and put in a safe deposit box.The images I use are inventory photos I took before storing them. I hope this pandemic is over or at least manageable soon ,so we can get on the road again. I see the ASMIC show will be in Fayetteville in September and would love to set up there.   Thanks again.      Mike