Ration ID needed - WWII?

Quest Master

Quest Master

I've had this Ration Accessory Pack for a long time. Hand written on the top is From World War II Navy. It is different from the later Vietnam era packets. Is it in fact WWII? If so, or not, when was it produced?

IMAG4839.jpg

Fixbayonets!

I believe this packet is Korean War era.  Steve1989 on youtube opened a similar accessory packet.  Although his is packed inside a c rat can instead of the paper/foil packet the contents are pretty much the same.

Rob

Quest Master

Perfect! I agree Korean Conflict era, the contents match identically. Well, since this does not fit in my collecting era - up for sale they will go. What would be an estimated value on the lot?

I guess I'm a little surprised it dates to the Korean War period. For example, measurements on the sugar packets are in grams rather than ounces or part of an ounce. Did the U.S. package food items in grams that early? 

Fixbayonets!
1 hour ago, kfields said:

I guess I'm a little surprised it dates to the Korean War period. For example, measurements on the sugar packets are in grams rather than ounces or part of an ounce. Did the U.S. package food items in grams that early? 

It appears it was used earlier than that.  Sugar packs included in rations dating from WWII can be found measured in both grams & ounces.