Sign in to follow this  
mikie

Another Military Truck on the Street for ID

The truck I saw on the street a few weeks back took about 3 seconds for you experts to ID.  I spotted this one over the weekend and thought I'd toss it out here for an ID in case anyone needs something to occupy the brain a little bit.  

Enjoy!

Mikie

Truck front.jpg

Truck side.jpg

Truck Back.jpg

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

USMC Camo pattern 1980's Duce and a 1/2

Robin-

I Collect USMC WWII uniforms, gear, patches, insignia. medals and ribbons. I also sell and trade Militaria of primarily the U.S. Military.

R.Delaney

Semper Fidelis-

Great. Thanks. It looked like a good old work horse to me. But it has a historic vehicle plate on the back, so was wondering if it was anything unusual or not.  Besides the fact that it has been sitting on a residential street for at least a month now.  

Mikie

I don't think that camo pattern is unique to the marines.  We had that patter (or it's near twin) in the Army in the late-70s and into the 80s.

Collecting 3rd Armored Division items of all kinds from all eras, specializing in the 36th Armored Infantry Regiment.

It's an M35A1, Reo is the parent firm but also made by others.

Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

here's my '70 before i started working on it.  somebody took my pic and made a meme out of it

deuce-297984.jpg

It's hard to tell from my lousy photo, but the tailgate is marked US Air Force. 

Thanks for all the comments!

Mikie

M35 A2   in woodland camo paint job from the late 1980s but the cargo tarpaulin is in newer 3 color nato patten 

Started out as MOS 3531 - logged lots of miles on the M-35 etc. later 0302 - Semper Fi!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)