OVMS Wilmington is RESCHEDULED for July 23, 24, 25

Shenkursk

Shenkursk

Posted at the request of Bill Combs, OVMS business manager:

The Roberts Centre Show Has Been Rescheduled.

THE NEW DATE IS JULY 23, 24 and, 25, 2020.

Our Roberts Center Show–The Cornfield Show-that was scheduled for June this year has been rescheduled for July 23, 24 and 25, 2020.  We have been forced to make this change because of the Ohio restrictions on large gatherings due to coronavirus.

If you have already reserved your tables for this show, don’t worry.  Your tables will be automatically transferred to the July show.  If you have not yet reserved your tables, you can still use the June 19-20 table form.  Please reserve your tables ASAP to insure that you get your same location.  If you cannot attend the show in July, you can roll your tables over to November show.  Just call or email the OVMS office at 1-513-245-9540 or [email protected] to rollover or cancel your tables if needed.

Those members who have reserved a hotel room at the Holiday Inn at the Roberts Centre, you are all set.  Your room will automatically be moved to the July date.  You will not need to make a new reservation.  If you can’t make the show in July, you will need to contact the Holiday Inn directly to cancel your room.  Their number is 1-937-283-3200. 

If you have rooms reserved at a different hotel, you will need to contact that hotel directly to change the date of your reservation or to cancel.

All set-up and show hours will remain the same as before.  The OVMS will inform you of any further updates or changes as soon as we receive that information.  

All Other Future OVMS Shows

Everything is still on track for the MAX Show 2020, the November 2020 Show and the 2021 Show of Shows.  Look for updates on the OVMS website for all our shows.  The website address is www.sosovms.com.

OHIO VALLEY MILITARY SOCIETY, INC., P.O. Box 98, Batavia, OH 45103-0098, USA

VOICE: 513-245-9540 • FAX: 513-245-9541 • E-MAIL: [email protected]

OVMS_gas_whitebkgd.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's official - as of Monday July 6, the Wilmington Show (July 24-25) is a "GO!"

Our revised show plan was cleared by the Health Department, and we are on track for our 'better late than never' Wilmington Show.

It will be a little weird. (What isn't these days?) The Roberts Centre has graciously allowed us to use the bulk of the facility, so we will be spread out with huge aisles for our customers, and very spacious interiors for the dealers. Sanitizer stations will be available at intervals throughout the hall. Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance from one another in any queue (that's one way to get a nice line out the door!) All participants will have their temperature checked with one of those contactless thermometers as they enter the hall. AND, all participants will be required to wear face masks.

On that topic, we understand completely there are a variety of opinions about the wearing of masks. Some of our members believe that these are critically important. Others believe them to be useless annoyances, worn only to appease those who have overdosed on fearmongering. Please don't make it your mission in life to convert the OVMS to your way of thinking on this issue. We honestly don't care who is right, only that this is what has been deemed necessary in order to have the show. If the powers that be insist that we all go full Madonna and wear our underwear on the outside of our clothing.. if it is a choice between that and not having a show, then we will laugh about it, but we will do it. Help us out here, don't fight us on the mask thing.

Enjoy the wide aisles, don't bunch up in the queue, be patient while waiting to be zapped by the thermometer, wear your 'bikini burka' and enjoy the show. One truly important requirement, though - IF YOU FEEL ILL - STAY HOME!!

Also please be aware that should the governor make a sudden change or adjustment to the Responsible Restart Ohio program, this could impact our ability to have the show. Currently there is no indication of any such change, but you should check the OVMS website and / or Facebook page for any updates prior to your departure. If you see no news there, that is "good news."

We are very much looking forward to seeing you there. Not saying that just to be nice like we usually do - we really do mean it this time!

• 3 weeks later...

Getting ready to leave tomorrow for the show. Looking forward to seeing everyone once again. It's been a long time between shows. See you tomorrow. Dave

Brian Keith

I just got unloaded from this show. I've been attending the OVMS shows for a LOT of years (who all remembers the "Drawbridge" shows). I recently have been getting a table or two to reduce the size of my careful and studied collection (read-hoard). As was stated, very wide isles, lots of room for social distancing. masks worn. My personal observation was that attendance was down from the usual, but as a some time vendor, I was very pleased with my sales. There is always great militaria to be had, but, my "war chest" had been seriously depleted a few weeks ago, so my usual tight pocket book stayed nearly closed. I only bought a (British) rifle sling for $5 and two cases of Rikker mounts from Ruddles Mills, -excellent quality, USA made cases. (I have no affiliation with them, I just like the quality of the products and usually buy a case or two here and the SOS.) I and my buddy, sold several things to a fellow who drove down from Wisconsin to attend the show. From what he said, it was worth the drive for him. If you collect militaria, and are within a few hours drive of Wilmington, OH., you are missing out if you don't attend!

Kudos and Thanks to all the folks who make this show happen! I am planning to attend the next show in November 6-7, 2020. I think I will be able to take time Friday to have a table or two also. Items I sold this past show were all my M-1 helmets and liners, a lot of WW II and VN field gear, some of my own Afghanistan souvenirs, lots of things from my $1 box. Since I don't sell militaria for a living, and have had a lot of things for years, I try to price things very, very reasonable. It seems I price things below "market" when I see things I sold on other vendors tables for sale! 

BKW

It's a great show in that you can pick lots of cheap items for $1-5 and still see $9k uniforms on tables. Little bit of everything for every level collector and I'm looking forward to the November show!

Brian said it well  in his comment.  The entire OVMS staff & Roberts Center staff did a great job of providing a clean, well organized show under some very "trying" conditions.  Those attending should also take credit for what appeared to be a high compliance to the mask wearing requirement, not an easy chore for most of us.  

I second that. The venue kind of reminded me of the SOS with the size of the room. As a dealer, I was very comfortable with the conditions of the show. It was good to see everyone again at a show. It has been a long time. The OVMS staff did a great job of running the show. It went on without a hitch. Looking forward to November's show. Dave