Greetings & Thx from Europe

tententn

Hello Community,

Thanks a lot for letting me join.

Though im afraid to say that I probably wont be able to contribute much, because im simple far from any expert as the most of you guys are.

Well, though why I am here ?

Im a fashonista, and i customize garement, mostly jackets. And when we talk about jackets and style it doesnt take long til you end up with military garment. Thats where a lot started.

When i mention "customize", then this means in my case: I pick a used item, and I try my best to find the story behind it

Like : Who was the owner ? What did he do ? Whats the history ?

i call it detecting the items soul. And then its up to creativity to make sthg out of all the research. Sometimes the research takes far longer than the production.

But its worth it as each single piece has his authenticity. And thats where the value comes from: The story behind it. Because stories always means emotions.

My main interst in US Military history is everything around the Viet Nam story.

Let me add one last personal detail:

Im not into politcs much. But I grew up with my Grands and the entire family calling GIs the " American Angels ". Because they wiped out the Nazis, they sacirfied to bring freedom.

And every single soldier deserves our gratitude for that and shall never be forgotten.

As the elder passing away now one after the other, i try to keep this spirit alive with making some jackets.

So whatever you may think about my work, like or dislike, you all can be assured that everything i do is done with a lot of respect !

Thanks for reading.

welcome to forum and I really like that you are into the history - a jacket is a jacket but if you can identify who wore it then you have history attached to the jacket

have fun