Greetings from Ohio

Tswa

Hello everyone!  I feel like I stumbled into a great site.  

My grandfather served with the 166th Inf, under the 42nd Rainbow Div, in WWI.  I have some of his items and pictures.  My two uncles served during WWII, one in the 749th Tank Bn in Europe, and the other in the 714th Railway Bn in Alaska.  I have some items from my uncle in the European campaign.  I treasure all of their military items and the history behind them.  I served 36 years in the medical field.  

My collection ranges from WWI to the present, but I am mainly interested in WWI, WWII and medical.  I am currently labeling my collection and reorganizing the pieces in two display cases.  I took a WWII Battlefield Expedition Tour to western Europe last September, and it was beyond amazing!

I look forward to exploring this site more and sharing this common passion.

Terri

Backtheattack

Hello Terri, welcome to the forum! Yes, it`s a great site. Medical is very interesting, seldom seen in collections. Please show us some pics of your collection.

stratasfan

Welcome from another Ohioan! That is cool about your Grandfather and Uncles! My GGGUncle was an Engineer/Gunner in Alaska and the Aleutians. That is so cool about your Uncle being in the Railway Bn. What did he actually do job-wise? 

Backtheattack

If you use the windows system, open it with "paint", there you can reduce the size