USAF patches

48MMS

Hello. Wanted to list three links to my Air Force patch collection:

sac.sampasite.com

usafairdefense.sampasite.com

usafpatches.sampasite.com

The first is my Strategic Air Command project, showing over 600 SAC patches from Strategic Wings to Combat Defense. The next covers Air Defense, radar, ACWS, Fighter Interceptor units and the like. The third is a miscellaneous collection of USAF patches. About 1000 in all. Take a look, and feel free to offer an opinion. The goal is not to compete, but to offer a visual reference for collectors.

Thank you, Al.

Thank you Bluehawk for fixing the links, I am a bit "computer challenged" at times! Al.

Most welcome... it took me seven years to learn that one trick. :D

I am a bit "computer challenged" at times! Al.

Al, I think you're doing pretty good. I remember when it was a challenge for you to drive a car.

Regards,

A former roommate

Al, I think you're doing pretty good. I remember when it was a challenge for you to drive a car.

Regards,

A former roommate

Bill, Driving a car is easy, unless you just got to England, How did he do on jammers?

Did he qualify of the MJ-1 Operators patch or a "Authorization to Transport Munitions" on GDL?

I was fine till the second day in at Heyford, driving a forklift backwards, loaded with drop tanks made a turn & right into the right lane.

Terry

Terry,

I never had the pleasure of seeing Al do any actual work. We were roommates - all I remember is that that he snored and collected patches.

Snored? think.gif I was actually a damn great jammer driver, especially with the old stick shift models. My finest moments was with the MJ-4 bringing in the A-10 gun and drum perfectly into the A-10 bay. With the MJ-1 I could lock in MK-82's with sheer perfection, of course not with QA standing around!