Old Guard Fife and Drum coat

hink441

I believe this is an Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps uniform coat. I think this one dates to the early to mid 1980’s. It is missing all the buttons and I have ordered some replacement buttons. 

There is a “Defense Personnel Support Center” tag inside the coat. I haven’t seen a lot of these before. Should look a lot better when the buttons are added. 

2FAAFEBB-9C00-49C1-A862-76474AC32954.jpeg

FCD067FD-A49E-49E3-A423-D54C20E0C2A0.jpeg

Here are some older photos showing this type of coat in use. My coat is not the style that is currently in use by the Old Guard. 

F277A745-656E-4AB7-83E8-1483342E846A.jpeg

1D4470E4-B7A3-4F0A-B421-E61FB23A0BBD.jpeg

36thIDAlex

Very cool uniform! Definitely do not see these often. I have seen them perform many times and always loved the decision to maintain the old uniforms. Look forward to seeing it restored!

I ordered some replacement buttons, will post with some new pics when they arrive.   

There are 38 buttons on the coat. ?

everforward

Hink- Back in the day, there were some of the units in the Virginia National Guard that used similar uniforms; The Monticello Guard (which was K Company 116th in more modern times) had parade/ceremonial uniforms that were worn for various events and commemorative dates.....I will look at one of them in a couple days and report back to this thread....

That is really interesting. I would really like to know if the VANG uniform has a DPSC tag on the inside. 

This coat was originally advertised as a Colonial Williamsburg uniform but the colors really don’t match. 

Chris

everforward

We had a meeting today so I was able to take a pic of the example we have in the museum....this dates from the 1930s if memory serves but I can verify the other details in time. As far as what any labels may look like, hard to say because it is all cased up at the moment.BEF51D8A-993A-4EB9-849D-FD8C7C8EBA12.jpeg.4bd614425d7a5d83143fabfab5915103.jpeg

Wow!! That is really nice. Much nicer than mine. Really like the Virginia buttons. 

What is the medal in the upper left of the first picture? Looks like a dogwood flower bloom. 

Chris