M41 field jacket questions

thecandyman0838

thecandyman0838

I seen this jacket online and was wondering if anyone has ever seen a m41 field jacket with dark green buttons. I thought they had brown buttons. I'm trying to gain some knowledge on how to tell a real m41 from a repo.

thanks

m41.jpg.aa495f9ca790371436b15794a0ad6f1c.jpg

is there a dated tag in the pocket?? it looks real and if I remember buttons were dark too on some. I have 2 and the buttons are brown-- not to say green was never used. could depend on the manufacturer.

thecandyman0838
1 hour ago, Costa said:

is there a dated tag in the pocket?? it looks real and if I remember buttons were dark too on some. I have 2 and the buttons are brown-- not to say green was never used. could depend on the manufacturer.

The seller has no pictures/says anything about a tag. The jacket has repaired cuffs and the back of the neck is worn out.m413.jpg.6e79d8788462922c69a16351dd607998.jpg

in that shape I would pass it up. they are out there and in much better shape. you would pay 250.00 to 350.00 for a nice one.

thecandyman0838

Thanks for the information Costa. I decided to take a chance on this one because I liked the wear on it. I got it for what I feel is a fair price however I can't find any other examples with green buttons.Maybe its the lighting in the pictures. Does anyone have one in there collection with green buttons?

Thanks again

Looks fine to me, $350 seems really high to me. These M41 are down in prices I’ve seen them for less than $200. 

thecandyman0838
1 hour ago, Wake1941 said:

Looks fine to me, $350 seems really high to me. These M41 are down in prices I’ve seen them for less than $200. 

I got it for $105 + shipping

if you are happy with it-- that's all that counts. as a long time collector I try to get the best I can find at the time.

iron bender

This is 100% original and I'm sure the tags are either removed or completely washed out. Buttons are fine. Sleeves have been shortened evidenced by the woven cloth material inside the cuff. These were issued at size and the individual could modify to fit. Interesting this one doesn't have top stitching at the cuff, as most modified jackets do. The tailor tried to replicate the original cut. Nice pick up!