Company G, 507th PIR Helmet Markings for OPS Neptune and Varsity.

Mike34charlie

Mike34charlie

Gentlemen, 

I am looking for advice. I am curious as to the exact color, dimensions, and design paratroopers assigned to G/507th would have worn for OPERATION NEPTUNE and OPERATION VARSITY. I presume G Company was in 3/507 not 2/507, am I correct in this much? Triangles have been depicted for the 507th PIR and also a reference to a star (see link). 

George J. Peters, MoH is a hometown hero. His citation places him with G/507th for the combat jump in VARSITY. I only assume he also jumped into Normandy. Any assistance in properly identifying what George Peters would have stenciled on the sides of his helmet at the time of his sacrifice would be very interesting. Stay safe. Stay healthy. 

Mike34charlie
On 5/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, Mike34charlie said:

Gentlemen, 

I am looking for advice. I am curious as to the exact color, dimensions, and design paratroopers assigned to G/507th would have worn for OPERATION NEPTUNE and OPERATION VARSITY. I presume G Company was in 3/507 not 2/507, am I correct in this much? Triangles have been depicted for the 507th PIR and also a reference to a star (see link). 

George J. Peters, MoH is a hometown hero. His citation places him with G/507th for the combat jump in VARSITY. I only assume he also jumped into Normandy. Any assistance in properly identifying what George Peters would have stenciled on the sides of his helmet at the time of his sacrifice would be very interesting. Stay safe. Stay healthy. 

Bump