Colonals Uniform

byf41

Looks like a WW2 vet but everything I see is late 50s/60s probably stayed in after the war in a reserve unit. 

The model 1937 officer's Dress Blue Uniform had inside hung pockets it wasn't until the mid-1950s that the top pockets were changed to the pleated patch type. So this is well post WWII.

GIl Sanow

Given that the bright gold trim appears to be a synthetic, probably nylon, and not bullion, I would date this as '60's or later.

Gil

The hats bring anywhere from $20-40 ea maybe worth more as a group if you can find any info on the vet 

Evidently the guy was a career soldier and was obviously  In the engineers the family says . His name was Dean Barnes . Theres a bunch of stuff In the group but It all appears post WWII as with these Items .

Just now, manayunkman said:

Two of the visors look like they have WWII eagles?

They are Luxenberg style but likely post war 

manayunkman

Depending on how much you put into it it looks like a nice group.

Can you post the rest?

manayunkman

Looks like he was a mason.

Is that a WW1 3rd ID patch?

Who are the makers of the hats?

Wake, I don’t recall ever seeing the Luxembourg style being used or offered after WWII?

Very nice group.

When he was a kid in the NG and attending school he must of been an Infantryman as we see the regalia for the 186th Infantry ORNG, and then after graduating with ROTC chose the Engineers as his preferred branch.

I don't own this but had It offered to me so I cant give you any details on the hats . Theres a few more post WWII jackets/pants , rain coat . I know this Isnt the section for It but what would be a fair price ?

Here's his listing in the O Register of 1 Jan 58, some of this from this year's register's service chronologies is hard for me to decipher,, so he gains a Regular Army Commission in 1947? in the Ordnance Department (Retitled Ordnance Corps in 1950), as a 1st Lieutenant, even though he's a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army of the United States!?, Anyone who can decipher this please do :D.

pturee.PNG

Deciding to go back a little further to 1 January 1948, we can see things a little more clearer, he did indeed have high rank in the Army of the United States, a Major as of 17 September 1944, with that RA 1947 date of commission, so  while he was getting promoted in the RA, he was also getting promoted in the AUS, his AUS ranks being higher, weird how the Army does this rank thing right :lol:.

Cppe.PNG