Unknown Ordnance Stamp 81MM Mortar

opus5150

Does anyone recognize these markings?  They are on an 81MM mortar which may be a Brandt.  Looks like a 6 in the center of crossed cannons, but not like I've seen before on a US shell.  The fuze well retains its adapter and now has the solid steel practice fuse which fits perfectly.  Not sure if this 81MM is Italian, US, or French?  No original paint remained on the round when I got it, and the only other markings are a "0" below the bourrelet, and "M"  "37" ? ,(Could be a "W"), struck above the bourrelet.

IMG_2013.jpg.3f39bc2385c5fad0fb9ea166b834f28a.jpg993472781_IMG_2015copy.jpg.65beeef961c5028f5e138a7adb818484.jpg

Anyone?  I know the pics aren't great since resizing.  Any ordnance collectors out there with any photos of something similar?  

This type of mortar round was widespread, many countries used this style including the US. I have not seen that marking on any US issued mortars. I would at the very least spray the fins with an OD or brownish laquer till you can ID it.

I appreciate the response.  Paint as it sits is just an anti rust protective coating.  Hopefully I'll discover who made this round and get it painted correctly.  Thanks again!