Researching officers from 1970 film

hatchet

I'm researching several officers that appear in some film from 1970. I believe they are all US Navy. The film was taken in San Diego CA, during demonstrations by the Naval Undersea Center. I'd be very appreciative if anyone can verify rank, etc., or glean any other information that may help me ultimately identify who these officers are. Sorry for the poor resolution, but these are clips from digitized film.

Person #1: I'm not sure about this one. I would say a US Navy Captain, but I thought they had one star on their shoulder.

ID1.jpg.184317f13d3c62f814c9ee95a47f6e8d.jpg

Person #2: The photos below, that I think are the same person, appear to be a US Navy Commander, qualified in submarines. I'm curious what the bottom medal might be.

ID4.jpg.92fd0abf4ca394cb386c16b4ff47393c.jpgID6.jpg.6b90de64d53e2db4d696693cf4e89908.jpg

Person #3: The photo below appears to be a Captain or Commander. I'm curious what his top medal might be.

ID5.jpg.a0c403f68607ff2d752463d003a5edf3.jpg

Mustang.CDR

# 1 is a Captain.

#2 is a Commander with what looks to be a Command at Sea Badge.

#3 Is a Commander or Captain with what looks to be a Diving Officer Badge.

@Salvage Sailor- you don't happen to recognize any of these officers do you? I saw in another thread about NUC patches that you worked with the CURV series. The images of these officers is from a film of Dr. McLean demonstrating the early experimental ROV vehicles. There was some technology overlap between these experimental ROVs and CURV.