Poulin June 20 Auction

Spathologist

Spathologist

Some examples of rare sabers being offered up at the next Poulin auction.  Looks like perhaps member Pony Driver is divesting part of his impressive collection.

https://poulinantiques.hibid.com/catalog/209806/spring-2020-firearms-auction/?q=saber&ipp=100

Confederate and Cavalry officer sabers, a M1911 experimental and a few serial numbered Springfield M1905/06 experimentals.

The is the first time in a while I've seen this much offered in a single auction, it will be interesting to see what prices look like.

• 1 month later...

Wow, some of that stuff went cheap. If i had not been furloughed myself I would have been all over several items. But, I guess I was not the only one. Sign of the times.

Spathologist

Some of the prices were surprising, but the economy isn't really the best right now.   

I was tempted on a couple of pieces to upgrade, but there wasn't anything there I really needed and I was already bracing myself to shell out for a seriously overpriced example to fill an actual hole in the collection...

I needed a 1915 patton to fill a hole and was looking hard at one of the many tent peg scabbard sabers they had up for sell. But that's just my luck.