Question on Tactical Command Austria patch ?

doughboy

Hi everyone,

I have read this morning an article in the ASMIC Trading Post Oct.-Dec.05 about the US Army Forces Austria - indeed very interesting and informative.What I wondered when I read this article,was the          " Vienna tab " only worn with the US Forces Austria patch, or was it also worn over the Tactical command Austria patch ? Any help would be appreciated Thank you in advance.

doughboy

comp_Bild 2  US Forces in Austria HQ - German Made.jpg

comp_Bild 7  U.S-Forces Austria - Variante.jpg

Red Devil

I have not yet seen a Vienna tab worn with the Tactical Command patch.  There are plenty tabbed for Linz and Salzburg, though some Tactical Command troops were in Vienna (and can be seen in their 1955 change of command video).  With so many variations of theater-made patches, I wouldn't be surprised if one shows up, but I don't think the Vienna tab was generally applied in practice.

I agree w/ Red Devil. 

Additionally,  to my knowledge, TCA had no troops stationed in Vienna, mainly in Salzburg or Linz areas.  C - AJ 2020 Trading Post. Have yet to see TCA tabbed patch w/ VIENNA,  just Salzburg or Linz. 

The TCA patch that begins this thread needs to be oriented so the corners coincide w/ 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, etc.

Thanks for your help.Well,the TCA patch was a quick shot and I first recognized the wrong position  when I posted the picture.

doughboy