1/35 scale Jeeps, USA, USN, USAAF, USMC

Old Marine

Old Marine

With nothing much to do I had time to round up all my 1/35 scale jeep models.  Some I built years ago and have been sitting on the shelf and some, like the Bantam and USAAF jeeps I have just finished.  Here are some photos.  At least you can kill some time looking over the photos.  

All Jeeps.jpg

45th Jeep01.jpg

45th Jeep02.jpg

Proud Kraut

WUNDERBAR! Yes, please post pictures of the others as well. Would also love to read some more informations about the crews. Which company or kitbashed etc.

ArtyScout

Thanks Dennis, it was an extreme pleasure to peruse through your Jeep photos. Each and everyone of them is great and they show how important the Bantam, Mutt & Jeep have been very important vehicles to the US military. Q: The snowy, muddy jeep looks like he's coming out of the Chosin Reservoir area; am I right? Thanks again.

Semper Fi

Manny 

Proud Kraut

An amazing collection of works of art. Can´t tell you which I like most. The Marines one...no the bomber crew, wait...the medics... not to forget the Screaming Eagles... They are ALL superb!!!

Lars

Old Marine

The Airborne figures are Nemrod resin figures.  They were kneeling and low crouching figures but I chopped up the lower parts to make sitting figures.  

The Navy Figures are just bits and pieces out of the parts box.  The enlisted men have "Hornet" heads.  The Navy officer's head is an altered Whermacht figure's field cap.  I think I made this jeep about 10 years ago.

The Air Force figures are from a "Memphis Belle" resin figure set that came out after the movie was made.  I stumbled across the set at a model show. The crew was posed with their arms around each other as if they were in a group photo.  I wasn't too impressed with the goofy poses, but I bought them figuring I could use the figures in flight clothing someday.    I just used the parts and cut and fit them together in to the jeep.  

The Marines, 442 Medics, Bantam guys and the guys in the muddy jeep are just a complete mix of Airfix, Verlinden, Warriors, Tamiya, Yanks, DML, Miniart, ICM  and other figures. The Tin hats and the Campaign hat on the Bantam guys came from the ICM WWI US figures kit.   

Proud Kraut

Thanks for these additional infos, Dennis. Most of the company made figures you mentioned I have never seen before. Thanks for sharing these modeling gems!

Old Marine

Manny The muddy jeep is a 45th Division jeep in Italy modled after this Mauldin cartoon.  

Lars a lot of those companies were small cottage industries that knocked out a few unique resin figures and then vanished.  For a while there were all kinds of these limited run kits available at the model shows.  Some of the subject were pretty unique but the quality really varied from good to barely usable. Not many of these small companies lasted.  

If I saw something unique, like the Memphis Belle crew at one of those shows I would pick them up for use as something else later on.  

Mauldin Jeep.jpg

strawberry 9

Absolutely amazing!  Makes me want to build some jeeps.  I've dug out a couple of kits to keep me occupied.  Don't have any jeeps though.  Great work and thanks for sharing!

manayunkman

A pleasure to see such fine work.

Thank you for taking the time to post.

cutiger83

Dennis,

I am speechless! These are amazing. Each time I think I picked out my favorite one, I change my mind. You did an amazing job!

...Kat

so much detail and eye candy to see.never tire of seeing Dennis's work.

the skill level to cut and configure the figures into the pose required is amazing as it looks the way they were made.

Great work, being an AF guy I'm partial to the bomber crew, but they are all good. Love the wounded guy clutching his souvenir pistol!

Randy