1943 Dated Wood Entrenching Tool

mikie

The good news is that I finally found a 1943 dated folding shovel that I could actually afford.  

1902678657_Shovel1943.jpg.ed721733bcf372d2bb16c459a9bcefd0.jpg

The bad news is that it is missing the handle.  If anyone has a handle on a replacement handle, please let me know. 

230106023_ShovelM1943.jpg.861d1fe071d5a805d59ef5f89c8a98e8.jpg

I know that there are posts on the forum about these tools, but the Search feature seems it still has the Upgrade Blues. Any and all comments or info would be appreciated. 

Regards,

Mikie

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Sorry I dont have a handle for you. But another way to search the forum is by going to google and typing site:usmilitariaforum.com and then whatever you want to search for. This will limit the search to only this website. Personally I prefer this method to the forum's search, and if you go to the images tab you can even view the images of the topics containing your keyword, which I find quite helpful. 

I found one on ebay.  Strange thing was that ebay US didn't come up with any, but using google I found some on ebay Australia.  But the strange thing was that the seller is in the US.  I give up trying to figure the world out.  

Mikie

I got a handle for the shovel.  I had to do a little fitting to get it on.  But that's OK.  I'm pretty sure that it is obviously not original to the shovel.  I wouldn't want anyone fooled down he road.  

1943 shovel and handle.jpg