Early 28th Inf Det (Pathfinder) beret flash

Tonomachi

There is a one page article in the ASMIC Trading Post page 59 of their January - March 1985 issue concerning this unique beret flash made by sewing a subdued and colored 28th Infantry Division SSI together.  This was a small detachment of 14 enlisted and one officer so there couldn't have been many of these flashes produced.  I didn't think I would ever find one and was surfing eBay one day and there is was amongst 5 other patches with a BIN of $15.99.  The flash wasn't mentioned in the description probably because the seller had no idea what it was but I remembered the Trading Post article so I got lucky and now it is in my collection.

IMG_3414.JPG

28th Inf Det (Path) (Abn) (6).jpg

Great find! I’m primarily a 28th Division Collector and spent years trying to find an original (I’m also a Pathfinder Graduate so this hits double in my area of interest!). I’ve attached some info on the unit. The unit was folded and it’s members helped form the 104th Inf Detachment (LRS) in 1990. It’s very elusive when it comes to research, but a very cool and short lived unit none the less!

C14F3853-5EAC-41E1-8325-E78840289124.jpeg

E11CB68B-EDCA-402C-8E22-4551260B5DC9.jpeg