US Army Air Force Pilots Wings - Bell Trading Co pattern

order_collector

order_collector

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, as a starter, can you please tell me more about this wings? Period, manufacturer, how common are they?
Also, where on the forum can I discuss the value, I bought a group of awards that includes three different type of WWI navy pilot wings, that I'd like to valuate.
Thank you all in advance.

Wings1.jpg

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like you have a nice pair of fairly common Bell pattern WW2 vintage graduation wings there.  Re value, I'll let those closer to home comment.

Re the WW1 wings (any wings really) the best place would be down in the WING BADGES section;

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/604-wing-badges/

....and either open a new thread or reply in the first pinned "Is this wing good?" thread.

Regards

Mike

order_collector
1 hour ago, MikeK said:

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like you have a nice pair of fairly common Bell pattern WW2 vintage graduation wings there.  Re value, I'll let those closer to home comment.

Re the WW1 wings (any wings really) the best place would be down in the WING BADGES section;

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/604-wing-badges/

....and either open a new thread or reply in the first pinned "Is this wing good?" thread.

Regards

Mike

Thank you Mike.

I've started a new thread in the WING BADGES section.

5thwingmarty

Although my favorite pattern, Bell wings can also be some of the most common.  A pilot wing like this could go from $50 to $100 in auction on ebay, depending on the day and who is really wanting one.  Yours is nice in that it is in good shape and still has the roller catch, which are often missing from Bell wings.

Marty

order_collector
14 minutes ago, 5thwingmarty said:

Although my favorite pattern, Bell wings can also be some of the most common.  A pilot wing like this could go from $50 to $100 in auction on ebay, depending on the day and who is really wanting one.  Yours is nice in that it is in good shape and still has the roller catch, which are often missing from Bell wings.

Marty

Thank you!