The American Cemetery at Normandy

james127

One of the most impactful places that you can visit in Normandy is the American Cemetery where over 9000 servicemen are laid to rest. Unfortunately, the wet weather impacted our ability to see as much as we would have liked, but hopefully this video will serve to show a bit of what the experience is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJT1hbOhfEs&t=332s

James - I've had the privilege and honor of visiting the Normandy Cemetery over 20 years ago. Thank you for taking me back. A sacred place. Bob

Thank you for sharing. Man oh man I get it. I've got tears in my eyes watching this.

Definitely an emotional place. When you know some of the stories, it just compounds it.

James - I've had the privilege and honor of visiting the Normandy Cemetery over 20 years ago. Thank you for taking me back. A sacred place. Bob

I really wish that I could have went to Normandy and saw it at that time. I have a feeling that it's a bit more built up now than what it was then.

I’ve stood in the middle of the cemetery and looked around me in all directions. Very emotional place with the stones having more meaning than just stone. Thanks for posting another great video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/22/2020 at 7:04 AM, MT247 said:

I’ve stood in the middle of the cemetery and looked around me in all directions. Very emotional place with the stones having more meaning than just stone. Thanks for posting another great video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I really do appreciate that. And yes, it is a very weighty place to stand.