New MACVSOG Recon Team Insignia Book COMING

18-Echo

Bob - that last spread shows every known (at this time) Team Patch. We sort of threw it in to get the right amount of pages for production, but it is one of my favorite parts. You really start to see what is what when you see everything together in one place. Thanks again for posting the pics!

• 4 weeks later...

I really think you’re going to be blown away. For me it was the culmination of years of collecting and graphic design - it is everything I ever wanted as a collector and then some, due in no small part to access to some of the best collections in the world and the unbelievable encyclopedia that is Jason’s brain. If he didn’t know something, the answer was a phone call away. 
Funny story (and par for the course in this corner of the hobby) - Jason literally received a killer RT Iowa that we believe to be the prototype for the Team Patch the same day the books were on the way to his house. I am sure more will turn up in the coming years, but I found it particularly ironic about the timing.

enjoy it fellas! It (for me) was a total labor of love. 

vintageproductions
7 minutes ago, 18-Echo said:

I really think you’re going to be blown away. For me it was the culmination of years of collecting and graphic design - it is everything I ever wanted as a collector and then some, due in no small part to access to some of the best collections in the world and the unbelievable encyclopedia that is Jason’s brain. If he didn’t know something, the answer was a phone call away. 
Funny story (and par for the course in this corner of the hobby) - Jason literally received a killer RT Iowa that we believe to be the prototype for the Team Patch the same day the books were on the way to his house. I am sure more will turn up in the coming years, but I found it particularly ironic about the timing.

enjoy it fellas! It (for me) was a total labor of love. 

He was moaning about that the other morning.

Eric deserves a lot of credit for his eye for design and for all the hours he had to travel with Jason. Anyone who has ever been out to dinner with Jason will understand, and Eric was stuck with him......

• 7 months later...