Heads Up..Repo Grenade can on Ebay

Dirt Detective

Dirt Detective
Persian Gulf Command

DD,

Thanks for the notice. I saw this as well. Someone did a nice job. Unfortunately, with some artificial aging this will fool many unknowing collectors.

Don't be fooled - now or ever. Inside, along the wall of the bottom half of the can, you can see my maker's mark: AOD...for Arcadia Ordnance Depot. (I mark all my repro cans in this manner). This can is circa either 2008 or 2013. I don't know the seller. I guess I should have been selling them for a lot more back in those days :blink:

Rob L.

I am asking because I don't know.... did the Army actually use quotation marks on "FRAG"? I don't ever recall seeing that. Then again, I wasn't looking for those details back then. Thanks.

Garandomatic

I believe mine is real. It has some lettering impressed in the lid and "FRAG" printed on top. Not sure if it came with the yellow mkii it came in when I got it or not.

Dirt Detective

I tried to add a pic of the canister in this auction but the format was too big so I took a pic or one of Robs cans and an original..in his first auction with a buy it now of $39..you couldn't see the AOD mark..what I noticed is the repo can has a tighter C in the word CANISTER M41..with the paint it almost looks like an O. Here is an original and a repo next to each other to try and show what im talking about.

post-2677-0-99822400-1587521718_thumb.jpg

Dirt Detective
On 4/21/2020 at 2:12 PM, Garandomatic said:

I believe mine is real. It has some lettering impressed in the lid and "FRAG" printed on top. Not sure if it came with the yellow mkii it came in when I got it or not.

Post a pic Garandomatic..maybe we can figure it out.