USN/USMC Flight School Jumper - Made by Wilson

wildcat123

I have had these two jumpers in my collection for a number of years, came straight from the estate of a USMC dive bomber pilot. Was never sure exactly what they were.... saw a listing on eBay that they were worn during Navy aircrew training. The listing had a picture of aircrew allegedly engaged in survival training. Any idea if this is accurate? Any other uses or info out there? Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkf316e50a66e156c660b0881e6a7a1148.jpg

I would say that they are issued like a warm up jacket or part of a PT suit worn much like the blue demim items for a work fatique.I have a Brit made top that is similar from a 17th Airborne vet who was a medic.He said they were issued them in England for PT/training.He wore his he stated in Belgium as a sweater under his field jacket during the Bulge when it was cold.It has a light wool lining.

Thanks buddy! I figured they were something along those lines... he didn’t use them much, one is stone mint and the other lightly used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy! I figured they were something along those lines... he didn’t use them much, one is stone mint and the other lightly used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both nice..I never have came across one.