Possibly the BEST Garand Ever

buzzbomb

Posted Image

Almost got crushed due to gun confiscation in NZ. So glad I saved her. Interestingly It is now more restrictive and requires more security measures to own a simple shoulder fired, centre fire semi auto than a fully auto/select fire, belt feed or large caliber anti material or cannon type firearm.

Completely due to rushed fire arm law changes.

Enjoy the pics as much I do!

All original including the barrel

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now that's a beauty and with a 6 digit serial nbr which is within serial nbr range for 1-42 - well done - so you can't shoot it?

THats nice..I have a all original (not restored parts) 1943 that I prchased at a estate auction here.. I even was able to look at the prior owners record book where he wrote down the date of 1968,serial number and the price $80.It all looked good but no expert so took it to a man who is well know for his work on Garands and he said its right as the day it was made even the uncut op rod was still there..and he wanted to buy it :)

now that's a beauty and with a 6 digit serial nbr which is within serial nbr range for 1-42 - well done - so you can't shoot it?

Thats correct, I am unable to shoot it anymore!!

THats nice..I have a all original (not restored parts) 1943 that I prchased at a estate auction here.. I even was able to look at the prior owners record book where he wrote down the date of 1968,serial number and the price $80.It all looked good but no expert so took it to a man who is well know for his work on Garands and he said its right as the day it was made even the uncut op rod was still there..and he wanted to buy it :)

Share some pics of yours!!

Mine has uncut op rod. Front sight still sealed and early rear sights too. I couldnt believe it when I started learning in depth about the Garand.

so the dept/people in NZ that made that asinine law - Do they have security guards with semi auto weapons to protect them?

so the dept/people in NZ that made that asinine law - Do they have security guards with semi auto weapons to protect them?

Yea man. Cops are more armed than ever now. They cops have Glocks and Bushmasters. Pistols are heavily restricted in NZ also.

That is a beautiful Garand. Congrats, Garands are just plain beautiful and rugged rifles. We were lucky to have Mr. Garand working at Springfield when it counted.

a693504fe729438fa4b01b572423a897.jpg

Almost got crushed due to gun confiscation in NZ. So glad I saved her. Interestingly It is now more restrictive and requires more security measures to own a simple shoulder fired, centre fire semi auto than a fully auto/select fire, belt feed or large caliber anti material or cannon type firearm.

Completely due to rushed fire arm law changes.

Enjoy the pics as much I do!

All original including the barrel

79f4f4958a9448785b23d2a89b57f24d.jpg

0bff6a63cc5fe6f75f292d2ac2a835d9.jpg

868790c1f56b6308a52643671b5e6524.jpg

The Gas Cylinder Lock is a Post War "High Hump' versions for rifle grenade launching

The Gas Cylinder Lock is a Post War "High Hump' versions for rifle grenade launching

It must have been used for it. It has two holes on the side of the stock for launcher sight!

manayunkman

Awesome display just love the green and brown.

Are you going to put a site on it?

You could display it as a grenade launcher with the grenade.

Speaking of buying you can’t buy shrubs or garden chairs here but the line for the pot store has someone directing street traffic.

Awesome display just love the green and brown.

Are you going to put a site on it?

You could display it as a grenade launcher with the grenade.

Speaking of buying you can’t buy shrubs or garden chairs here but the line for the pot store has someone directing street traffic.

I have considered. I have 3 M1 projectors with nades. But I need th M7 adaptor and the sight. Posted Image

yes as this garand is too early for the poppet value

It must have been used for it. It has two holes on the side of the stock for launcher sight!

there were 2 different Gas Cylinder Lock Screws - the first had 2 slots (like yours) and that was to allow the screw driver of the M3 combination tool to remove the screw - around Feb 1943 a new screw was approved to allow the M7 Grenade Launcher and that had 4 slots to allow to remove the screw and to attached the Launcher - the first ones had issues - jamming and pressure release so a poppet valve was added to correct these issues -

so your Garand is 1942 - way before the new Cylinder screw with the poppet valve for the M7 Launcher

How do you mean??

there were 2 different Gas Cylinder Lock Screws - the first had 2 slots (like yours) and that was to allow the screw driver of the M3 combination tool to remove the screw - around Feb 1943 a new screw was approved to allow the M7 Grenade Launcher and that had 4 slots to allow to remove the screw and to attached the Launcher - the first ones had issues - jamming and pressure release so a poppet valve was added to correct these issues -

so your Garand is 1942 - way before the new Cylinder screw with the poppet valve for the M7 Launcher

How do you mean??

Ah yes i see.

When I bought it it did have the 4 slot type poppet in there. I swapped it out for a two slot when I finally found one here in NZ ( you need police approval and paperwork to import or procure Garand parts )

Not sure weather I should replace the gas cylinder lock or put the other 4 slot screws in. I prefer to keep it early as possible due to op rod and early sights.

what is the cartouche on the stock? you may have a rebuild---? the gas cylinder poppet valve is a give away.

Cartouche is mostly sanded or worn away. Can just make out crossed cannons. Pic uploaded won’t work atm. Don’t know why.

I added the two slot GC nut.

nice one!

a garand is one of the few firearms here in the US that regular folks can still get delivered directly to them via our civilian marksmanship program

what is the cartouche on the stock? you may have a rebuild---? the gas cylinder poppet valve is a give away.

Here you go. Stock has been sanded or reworked at some stage. So can only just make out crossed cannons.

Posted ImagePosted Image

yes-- looks to be a ww2 stock and an early one. I don't know if they allow you to shoot guns where you are but, if you are that baby is a pure honey to let loose.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:31 AM, attack said:

yes-- looks to be a ww2 stock and an early one. I don't know if they allow you to shoot guns where you are but, if you are that baby is a pure honey to let loose.

How can you tell It’s an early stock. I shot it a bit up until the chch massacre. Now it’s never to to be shot again.