Were these put mostly on boonies hats? Does this color tab reference a specific branch of the service?

Thanks,
Sean

I'll try to upload a photo. Says the server won't do it.

You see tons of them used by USAF guys, but pretty much any soldier in country couldve bought them. Ive seen the tabs on a variety of headgear. Berets, Boonie hats, baseball caps.

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

The colors were available to everyone.

The only colors ( red and white) that was "unit" sensitive was for the ARVN soldiers training in the US.

Every other color was whatever the local tailor shop had you could buy, including the red and white ones.

I have personally never seen one on a baseball cap but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I think there was an official Thailand tab with white letters, blue background and red border.

Like the ARVN tab, I think it was worn by their military members when they were outside of their country.

You will see that variation a lot.

But I agree with Bob... you will see them in every color you can imagine, and subdued versions as well.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Bob you have a lot on your mind with the reboot tonight so I for one forgive you. Lol

donation2013.gif