WWII Field manual question, help to solve a mystery

M24 Chaffee

M24 Chaffee

Hello All, About 20 years ago my Father gave me his small suitcase of his WWII ETO bringbacks. When I was a child he allowed me to play with most of the suitcase items as long as I would put everything back. One of the items was a US field manual that was no longer in the suitcase when he gave it to me. Over the years of my collecting I’ve never seen another one like it. I don’t remember the title of the manual but I can still remember some of the content. It had photos of how to sneak up on a German soldier/sentry and kill him with piano wire (knee in the middle of the back and pulling back on the wire around the Germans neck). I remember a 2 page drawing of a field with camouflaged and hidden enemy snipers and other weapons and I think it described how to scan the field to spot the hidden enemy.
Could anyone tell me what that manual was? Does anyone have an example of this manual that could post photos? My Father was a tanker in the 8th Armored Division. I don’t know if that was something that was issued to him or how he ended up with it.
I don’t know if I’ve provided enough information but I appreciate any help!

Thanks and regards,

Frank

Was an American publication, or British ? It almost 'sounds' like an U.K. produced British Commando type booklet. The assorted Commando & Special Operations people were the only types that we're routinely issued, & or with provided piano wire. For tuning their U.S.O. supplied piano's of course. Honestly, I've seen a fair amount of military issued manuals, but can't say I ever recall coming across that particular one ? Good Luck in your search !

Best, dpast32

M24 Chaffee

Was an American publication, or British ? It almost 'sounds' like an U.K. produced British Commando type booklet. The assorted Commando & Special Operations people were the only types that we're routinely issued, & or with provided piano wire. For tuning their U.S.O. supplied piano's of course. Honestly, I've seen a fair amount of military issued manuals, but can't say I ever recall coming across that particular one ? Good Luck in your search !

Best, dpast32

Dom, Thanks for your response. I believe it was a US produced booklet. I’m trying to remember more of the books content but I don’t recall anything British about it.