MOH recipient dies from Covid-19

Bodes

The way Covid-19 has hit nursing homes, we have lost many veterans. We have lost first responders taking care of these people. I saw where one person survived cancer caused by 9/11 then did not survive Covid-19. May all who have died from this rest in peace.

..Kat

Benny was from Ryan, Oklahoma (same town as Chuck Norris but it was clear who the real warrior is) This man demonstrated and was the epitome of valor and honor, god bless him.

I just read his citation, that is crazy what he did. Why did it take until 2014 for him to get the MOH? That seems so wrong in so many ways.

We met him,( and another MOH winner) had a chat and bought his book last November at one of our Veterans Day events. Interestingly, two MOH's were awarded during that action. Fascinating man, shocked to hear the news even though he was in a wheel chair.post-180924-0-23861800-1587272390_thumb.jpeg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_F._Fisher

Bernard Fisher , USAF, was the first Air Force member to receive the MOH during the same action at A Shau in 1966. Mr. Adkins describes the event in his book. The book is definitely worth buying. Mr Adkins describes in detail the cowardly, traitorous acts of the South Vietnanese army group he was attached to- when attacked half the group joined the NVA/ VC and started firing on Adkin's group and the downed pilot. You must read the book to see how Mr. Adkin's dealt with it a few months later. The Skyraider is a monster of a prop attack aircraft, one of my favorites.

Fisher's buddies Skyraider. It was recovered, repaired, and today sits in a museum. On a footnote: Fisher's MOH official record differs greatly from Mr Adkin's account, it makes no mention of the traitorous South Vietnamese firing on the downed pilot and Adkin's group....politics no doubt....I feel " the rest of the story" needed to get out. Mr Adkin's goes into great detail on the treachery, it undoubtedly followed him his lifetime. post-180924-0-91202500-1587275177_thumb.jpeg