Pointe du Hoc, Sad Changes

james127

With all of the Normandy content that I've been uploading lately, you knew that this had to be coming eventually ?. Those of you who have been to Pointe du Hoc might be surprised (or in my case, a little saddened) to see some of the changes that they are making to the site. Either way, I hope that you enjoy the visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXsOUdoU4vg&t=4s

everforward

Very cool, thanks again..! Yeah that’s what the weather was like when we were there in September. :)

The Pointe is now American Soil (like the Cemeteries), so maybe they are getting ready for some refurbishment..?

Nicely done, thanks for the virtual tour and your insights.

Thanks! Glad that you enjoyed it. Wish that I could've done more there.

Excellent, James! Keep 'em coming!

Appreciate that!

Very cool, thanks again..! Yeah that’s what the weather was like when we were there in September. :)

The Pointe is now American Soil (like the Cemeteries), so maybe they are getting ready for some refurbishment..?

One of the workers there told me that it was for safety reasons. Too many clumsy people slipping and falling in the shell craters I guess.

So Pointe du Hoc is US territory? That's interesting and it surprises me that France would give it up. I can see the reasoning behind an American cemetery being turned over. Maybe we should ask for Paris.

everforward

So Pointe du Hoc is US territory? That's interesting and it surprises me that France would give it up. I can see the reasoning behind an American cemetery being turned over. Maybe we should ask for Paris.

This is what we were told in September 2019 whole we were there, and I think it is under the jurisdiction of the ABMC....I will confirm this anyway and report back.

everforward

Yes indeed, the Pointe is an ABMC monument and has its own .gov webpage, should anyone care to peek in. :)

• 2 weeks later...