Vietnam helmet with made-up story

Luxembourg

The story seems far-fetched, but could be worse. Many assumptions without any proof. The helmet is very expensive, that’s for sure.

All his helmets are made up.

His 173rd just sold for $125 last week, Battleparkwest on YouTube made a video recently of him painting the insignia on the cover. That video is now gone and the helmet is for sale with a made up story for $1,300

Whiskey9iner

This is the natural evolution of the price inflation of WWII M1 helmets. Now that any notable WWII M1 commands a huge premium, the fakers will move to later period artifacts. I believe that in five years we will see $1500 "Grenada used" M1's with a misappropriated name to go along with the story.

I like how this guy in every single listing of his tries to substantiate his helmets buy adding actual combat photos, or similar helmets in use. It's almost as if to say, "yep, that's his helmet", with the price tag to match

SouthShore 8754

This listing is still live just looked it up, I was scrolling through his other helmet listings and its pretty amusing to me how every helmet he has for sale has some sort of painted insignia on it. Hell, he even has a three star general's helmet for sale lmao. Just seeing so many different examples for sale like that throws up red flags. Looks like he is putting those amateur art classes he took to good use.

Any reason on why it was deleted?

I'm not sure. But the YouTube channel is BattleParkWest.

I was following his channel and he uploaded a video of him painting unit patches on 3 Vietnam M1C helmets, one was 101st, another 173rd, and the third unit patch escapes me at the moment (most likely 82nd) I noticed the helmets on ebay with very vague descriptions with ZERO disclosure that the painted patches were recently added. The 173rd ending up selling for $125. BattleParkWest did not include a made up story in his sale but did not disclose that the unit patch was recently painted on.

Not to mention the helmet is fitted with a 1972 dated sweatband and POST Vietnam war era M1C straps.

thunderbolts45

I asked him if the cover in the video was an original and he said it was a repro. He removed the video shortly after. Don't know why he would paint on a nice original cover when there are plenty of repro ones out there.

Thanks for the heads up. Didnt see this as I'm not on Facebook (and not on hunt for another VN Helm) but always good to look out for each other and alert the peoples :)