SA-20 Seat Parachute Help Needed

Capt Fig

I ejected from a T-33 in 1981 and now have a restored ejection seat. I want to add a parachute as well. I have various parts of an SA-20 seat-style parachute that I wish to restore but need help - a manual would be ideal but anything would be appreciated!

post-48399-0-65648000-1587061085_thumb.jpeg

The parachute manual I have lists two seat style chutes, "Seat Style Parachute (Automatic) Part No. 50C7025-20 and Seat Style Parachute Assembly (Nonautomatic) Part No. 50C7025-21. If either of those are what you are looking for, send me your email address and I will scan and email it to you.

Your seat is looking great Fig!! Love to see some more photos of it! Looks like you did a great job on it. Is that initiator real or a repo?

-Derek

The parachute manual I have lists two seat style chutes, "Seat Style Parachute (Automatic) Part No. 50C7025-20 and Seat Style Parachute Assembly (Nonautomatic) Part No. 50C7025-21. If either of those are what you are looking for, send me your email address and I will scan and email it to you.

RWW - unbelievably kind, thanks! The automatic version 50C7025-20 would certainly be a huge asset, even if it's not exactly identical to my chute. You can send it to [email protected] SO very grateful!

Your seat is looking great Fig!! Love to see some more photos of it! Looks like you did a great job on it. Is that initiator real or a repo?

-Derek

Thanks Derek

I wish I could take the credit but I obtained the seat in great condition and enlisted the aid of a professional restorer (mostly of toys). I've spent years looking for real initiators without luck. The ones I used are a combination of solid resin (no movement) and 3-D printed (with moveable actuators).

You can see more of it here: https://www.facebook.com/Hoosierboy.Restorations/videos/257854295216617/

post-48399-0-74543800-1587147144_thumb.jpeg

You should have 3 emails from me with the chapter on the Seat Style Automatic Parachute and a couple of other chapters you may need or find informative.

I have always found that if I try to help somebody out, somebody always comes along and helps me out. I look at trying to help you as an investment in my future!!!

You should have 3 emails from me with the chapter on the Seat Style Automatic Parachute and a couple of other chapters you may need or find informative.

I have always found that if I try to help somebody out, somebody always comes along and helps me out. I look at trying to help you as an investment in my future!!!

You help is immeasurable! Gave me exactly what I needed and I'm so very grateful!

• 2 weeks later...

(Bob, I recently emailed you directly)

I’m having a heck of a time finding two important pieces for my parachute restoration.  They are:

- Release Retainer Assembly, part number 56B6144, NSN 1670-00-546-5189
- Back Cushion, part number 60D6033, NSN 1670-00-804-6307

Less important, but desirable would be:

-  Risers (2), part number 64D2162-6, NSN 1670-00-020-5038
- Spring, Locking Loop part number 66C39581, NSN 1670-00-488-4482

Anyone have suggestions other than the obvious (EBay, etc)?