A Tour Around the Office

This is war room number five in the last ten years but the one that has allowed the most of my collection to come out and be displayed. What follows is a roughly-clockwise macro tour around the office. I showed the same photos on the USMF Facebook page with some groups generating discussion and follow on photos while others not so much. Therefore, I'll show the photos with limited commentary and let the conversation go where it may. Hope you enjoy. EDIT: I see the randomly rotated photos are rearing their ugly head, and for that I apologize but I am yet to figure out both the source of that and the remedy.

Entrance view and CIB display

post-537-0-86735200-1587051033_thumb.jpg

post-537-0-76654500-1587051034_thumb.jpg

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Thanks! All of the hinged display cases I put together myself. I get them from wooddisplaycases.com - I've found them the best to work with, personally, with a excellent insured shipping. After lunch I'll pull one down for a little science behind how I've found to make them work best.

Kyle

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Very nice displays with the photo/s, medals, documents and patches.

Looks great!

Kurt

My hobby is my job and my job is my hobby. High School and University History Instructor

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I was going to ask about those hinged cases, too, so look forward to your posting about them!

In Post #10, on the second picture, there is a cool double frame case. What kind of display frame is that? It is amazingly cool and I see more of a shadowbox type, as you have medals in it. Did you make that or buy it?

The case with all the CIBs is amazing! Are they all different makers?

What are the two wooden plaques with little things on them, below the CIB case? They sure look cool!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

Wonderful collection,, Kyle. Thanks for sharing! Bob

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Having so much fun going over these cool photos! I see one that shows in the bottom corner what is most likely your desk. Is that a doughboy helmet lamp!?! Please post a photo of that cool thing!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.