Special Forces CCS patches,beret,poster- Vietnam

Legion

Picked these up today from the vets family today. Sadly he passed away this May from affects of agent orange and cancer. There is more coming from this family in the next few weeks including uniforms and plaques. I will post close-ups of the patches and beret,boonie hat in the appropriate forum as i have some questions. The poster was signed by the person who designed it, i didnt even notice that until i got home! thumbsup.gif

post-3204-1231729262.jpg

Those are some nice acquisitions you have there! I would like to see more of the boonie.

Too bad about the Veteran. I'm sorry to hear this.

Duffy

Fantastic lot of items.

The poster was done by George Skypeck if I am seeing that correctly. If memory serves me right, I think he was / is a combat wounded Vietnam vet, he is a Vietn vet for sure, at the least. His work used to grace the cover of the DAV and American Legion magazines my dad got when I was a lad in the early and mid 1980's, he wrote and drew some very touching things. No surprise he did that SF poster too.

MW

Fantastic lot of items.

The poster was done by George Skypeck if I am seeing that correctly. If memory serves me right, I think he was / is a combat wounded Vietnam vet, he is a Vietn vet for sure, at the least. His work used to grace the cover of the DAV and American Legion magazines my dad got when I was a lad in the early and mid 1980's, he wrote and drew some very touching things. No surprise he did that SF poster too.

MW

Nice find, very nice! I am sorry to hear about the veteran aswell. does the beret have a lining in it? I would also like to see some better shots of the SOG patch!

Thanks MW for the info of the SF poster. The patches seem to be remakes which is kinda what i figured but the boonie and beret seem to be ok. I am going back in a week or so to pick up the uniforms. When i get them ill post them also.

Look like your CIDG boonie has been shortned and helmed with ERDL material .

That is cool to me

Good grouping .

Keep it together and try to get some pix of the Vet if possible .

owen

Great grouping!

Do you know when he spent time with the 187th RCT? According to his paches, he was an old school soldier!

Great

Valery

It was very common for SF soldiers who "RAN RECON" to cut down the bills on their "BOONIE" hats. I'm sure that it is the case here.